Thursday, August 20, 2009

Choices at the Fork in the Path

My life has followed many paths and I've had to make choices when confronted with a fork. Which way to go? Many times I chose without first asking God for direction. God knows the complete path of our life. He placed it before us on the day we were born.

I'm now faced with a fork in the road that I once thought clearly defined. There are two different paths branching before me. For the past two years, I've prayed and have heard God answer me directing me to go one way. As the time draws near, many obstacles are being placed along the way. Are these obstacles the devil trying to lead me astray, or are they being given to me by God showing me I've misread His instructions?

I'm troubled and fearful. As I stand here at the fork in the road, undecided, I am praying for God to show me HIs will. With all the devil's handiwork abundant in the world, the noise is so loud that it's difficult to hear God's words. I must be still and turn my ears and my heart to Him.

I share this for others who might be facing similar decisions. Before you run down the wrong fork, take time to pray and then to be still and listen for God. He will provide you guidance if you give your heart and soul to Him.

No comments: