Monday, February 15, 2010

Enjoying the Fruits of Labor

I never dreamed my husband's health would deteriorate to the point that I would become caregiver during the time we planned to enjoy doing things together, traveling, and being free. My once active, healthy love is now bound by oxygen tubes and other health issues which leave him trapped in our home. At times I feel like I'm caring for a baby again, and sometimes I feel cheated. That's when I'm wallowing in self-pity because I'm longing for "our dream," which will never be. At these low times, I pick up the Bible to receive the strength and regain perspective.

The real truth is...we ARE spending time together. We may not be traveling to new places, but where better to be than in the home we made together? Hard labor remodeled each room. My husband spent his life working long and hard hours, and in his off-time, he worked just as hard to make this house a home. Now, we have the luxury of being united to enjoy the fruits of his labors.

I'm grateful each and every day for his presence, for his sense of humor, for his unconditional love, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as ransom for many."

How can I not do likewise?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: