Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Faith and Trust

Proverbs 3:5 (NIV) Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.


This Bible verse is my screensaver because it is so meaningful to me. As humans we tend to depend on ourselves to come up with solutions to our problems. We worry and fret and sometimes fall ill. Recently our youngest daughter went through a very difficult situation which put us on a treadmill of worry, anger, and a fight for justice. Things spun out of control and it hurt me deeply that I couldn't fix this like I'd fixed her skinned knees when she was younger. At this time we weren't actively attending church. I didn't have the faith and trust in God that I'd once had because I didn't have a church family.

One night in desperation, I fell to my knees and turned the situation over to God. I felt his calming spirit pour over me and was humbled. We've since returned to church and now have that wonderful Christian family to support us. God lives in our lives. The situation with our daughter was resolved, perhaps not the way we wanted, but in looking back I see it is God's solution...and it is right.

Many people believe in God, but without being members of a church family it is easy to lose faith and trust. I'm grateful that God brought me to my knees that night.

May you be blessed today by God's healing presence.

2 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

HI CAROL

keep up the faith yeah...& May your articles continues to "spread" the light of god's word

Carol Ann said...

Hello, and thanks for being a faithful reader. Sending smiles from Columbus, OH.