Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sing a Song of Thanksgiving

Psalms 26:6-7 (NIV) I come to your alter, O Lord, singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your wonders.


Sitting in the lunch room yesterday, I listened to a co-worker complaining because a section of the newspaper, provided by another co-worker, was missing. Like a dog with a bone, the grumbling continued for several minutes. Listening was difficult for me. Such a small little thing in the midst of many trials that our world is facing.

Our son-in-law was hospitalized on Monday to have his kidney removed. Monday evening he was moved from recovery to intensive care...which we hadn't expected. Prayers were in my heart and on my lips as I waited for word on his condition. So, when the co-worker let her bitterness show over the missing newspaper, I closed my eyes and concentrated on the goodness of God. When I returned to my desk, I found a message waiting on my cell phone. My son-in-law had been moved to a regular room. Praise God. My prayers now are for his continued coverage and thanks to the Lord for guiding the surgeons hands.

In times of trouble, people turn to God for help, even those who are non-practicing Christians. But, many forget to give thanks for blessings he bestows upon us when we ask.

This Thanksgiving my family has many things to be thankful for and we will thank God for them.

God bless you and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: