Monday, December 1, 2008

Jesus, Take the Wheel...Advent Day 2

There have been times in my life when I didn't attend church. During the end of a bitter divorce, I was driving home late one night, fighting sleep. My children were home sleeping and I so wanted to be with them snuggled into my bed. The sound of the tires singing against the pavement and the white line on the roadway lulled me into a trance-like state. I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until a loud crashing noise jolted me to awareness. My car was headed straight for a concrete abutment on an overpass. I quickly swerved the wheel and pulled back onto the pavement just seconds before I would have wrecked.

Looking back, I know God was with me. Even though I had pushed Him to the back of my mind, He still remained true. His love is never ending.

Read: Psalms 118:1-5

Prayer for the day:
Lord, help me to remember that You are with me through bad times and good. Open my heart to receive your blessings and to give thanks. Help me to show Your love through my actions and interactions with others. Amen.

No comments: