Friday, December 12, 2008

Built-in Road Maps - Advent Day 13

Recently I purchased a GPS for my car. I travel within the state frequently to attend writer's meetings, and I find it hard to read MapQuest and drive at the same time. This GPS is the perfect solution. I programmed in my home address and now, no matter where I am I can choose a button that says "Go Home" and my GPS will calculate where I am and guide me home again. It's kind of creepy in a way. I mean here is this piece of technology with a map and a "blue" car (and my car is blue) and it shows the car moving along on the road exactly as I'm moving. As I approach my turn, a voice tells me that in point x number of miles I will turn left or right. I'm sure I will never get lost again.

Amazing that God also talks to us in the same way. He guides us along life's roads and tells us where to turn if we only take the time to listen to his directions.

Matthew 13:14 ...For they look, but they don't really see. They hear, but they don't really listen or understand.

Prayer: Lord, help me be still and listen to your voice. Amen.

No comments: