Wednesday, December 3, 2008

God's Plan - Advent Day 4

When each of my children was born, I gazed on them as a miracle from God. Such tiny perfect little humans, tiny fingers and toes, and eyes looking at me with trust and expectation. I didn't dream of what they would be when they grew up. I simply dreamed of having them in my life, loving them, nurturing them, guiding them. Each has taken a different path as they grew into adults. Unique individuals. Some have taken paths I wouldn't have chosen, and I'm not sure what God's plan is. I pray they will follow when He shows them the way.

I wonder now what Mary felt when she gazed into the face of her newborn baby. She carried the burden of raising a child fathered by the Holy Spirit. What did she see? Did she see the man he would one day become, or like me, did she simply bask in the miracle of the child in her arms?

Luke 2:6 And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born. She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them.

Prayer for the day: Lord, please bless my children and guide them in the path you have laid before them. Amen.

No comments: