Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sing a Song - Advent Day 12

Children are so literal and they observe so much more than we realize. My grandchildren are great examples. One of my grandsons was in the back seat of my car one day singing along with a country song lamenting good times past and the clothing worn "back then." I believe the line was something about "parachute pants" and the phrase following was "Man, did we look cheesy!" But what came out of my grandson's mouth was "Man, did we love Jesus!" I like his lyrics much better.

Children are wonderful gifts from God. They are precious and beloved. So was God's son. And God loved us so much that he gave his son to die on the cross that we might be redeemed. Let us remember always the sacrifice, and let us celebrate the birth and sing praises.

Psalms 101:1 I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for your great gift, your many blessings, and your unfailing love. Amen.

No comments: