Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Family Love

My husband's sister and her husband drove from Michigan to visit us this weekend. We had such a wonderful time. Our home filled with laughter and warm conversation from Friday evening through Monday morning. Saturday we visited with out of town family and Sunday afternoon we had a cookout with several other family members. Nothing lifts my spirits more than having family together.

Studying the Relationship Principles of Jesus has helped me to focus on the most important relationships in my life, which are those with family. I've been blessed with a large family and too many times they are taken for granted. My hubby and I tend to be alone and wait for our family to reach out to us. We use the excuse that lead busy lives, and we understand how that is...after all we raised eight children. But, I realize it is up to us to keep the family ties together.

This summer I plan to focus more on bring our family closer through planned functions. It doesn't matter that we don't have a lot of room in our house, what matters is that our hearts have all the room in the world.

God gives us all opportunities to build relationships, but we tend to overlook them, focusing on what we think are important things in our lives. But, without relationships, we are nothing. God created us to have relationships. Nurture them and cherish them.

No comments: