Friday, May 1, 2009

Not My Will, But Yours Be Done

These words Jesus spoke in the garden of Gethsemane (Luke 22:42)"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

This is probably the hardest thing so far in my Forty Days of Love. It's easy to say these words and mean them when it comes to my spiritual life. But what about the other aspects of my life? My work, my writing, my family? Very hard. I try to say a prayer at my desk each morning before I begin to work. I sometimes remember to pray for His will before I begin to write. But when it comes to family, it's been more difficult to remember that I can't "fix" anything. I must turn to God in prayer and ask for Him to be the healer.

I do love God with all my heart, but do I love Him with all my soul? In order to do so, I must be able to say, "Not my will, but yours be done, Lord."

Today, I send you blessings that you might in turn bless another.

No comments: