Sunday, July 26, 2009

Looking Up

I'm sitting in my office which is half-way below the ground level and looking upward. Outside my windows are a plethora of flowers, yellow and orange coneflowers, lavendar coneflowers, purple butterfly bush, brilliant pink knock-out roses, hostas... What a busy world my garden is! Honey bees and bumblebees flit from one coneflower to another. Back and forth they fly in a never-ending journey. Butterflies blow softly in the breeze as they flutter on the tips of the purple flowered bush of their namesake.

It's Sunday, yet they continue in their efforts. It makes me wonder if we haven't fashioned our lives too much after these industrious creatures. Sunday is meant to be a holy day, a day of rest, a day to honor our Lord, and embrace our family.

Do you honor the Lord's day or are you one of those busy bees?

No comments: