Sunday, March 21, 2010

Family Gatherings Warm the Heart

Today is going to be a wonderful day in our home. Our children and their families are coming over for a get together. Son and daughter-in-law from WV will be visiting. I always look forward to having the family in one place. Grandchildren running through the house, laughing and having fun, grown children sharing memories, new stories, and lots of love and laughter. Nothing compares to warm my heart.

I can't think of a better way to spend Sunday afternoon. Many time I wish I had lived back in the days when entire communities would put on their Sunday best and head to a little wooden church to praise God for their blessings. Then everyone would gather around long tables filled with food and share fellowship.

Our family is large enough to represent one of these gatherings. There will be 25 people in our home. God has truly blessed us.

No comments: