Sunday, March 28, 2010

A March Toward Death and Salvation

Today marks the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem, knowing His fate, and accepting it...for you and for me. Can you imagine the crowds gathered along the road waving palm fronds and laying their garments to pave His path? As they praised Him, they didn't know He was riding toward His death for their salvation.

I am so humbled when I picture this scene. I imagine the sun shining down, glinting off His dark hair, tears rolling down His face. He cried for all those who did not accept the opportunity for salvation. He'd taught them all He could, yet many still did not believe.

Today, I will go to church, sing praises, and worship. Jesus lives in my heart. As this Holy week unfolds, Jesus is looking down, aching for His lost sheep to open their hearts and let Him come in.

No comments: