Monday, May 10, 2010

Anything Can be Bought For a Price

I look in the mirror some mornings and wonder if I should color my hair. I see a lion's mane of white, sometimes unruly, locks. Coloring my hair would give it more body, more fullness and controllability. But it would also mean having to spend money for vanity's sake.

I have friends who are always longing to change their bodies. Some want unnaturally white teeth, some want larger breasts, less wrinkles... All of these can be purchased. Just look at the television and magazine ads. For a price, most anything can be bought.

This morning, determined to call my hairdresser for a change, I opened my Bible and my eyes fell on this verse:

Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.

So my hairdresser will not receive my money today. I was reminded that God created each of us in His image and that He loves us just as we are. The biggest price has already been paid. Jesus paid the price for our salvation by dying on the cross.

Thank you, Lord, for reminding me that what others my see as flawed, You see as beauty.

No comments: