Friday, May 28, 2010

Friends are Blessings

My heart sank when my dear friend told me she had to go back in for a second mammogram on her right breast. The doctor had seen some dark tissue. After the mammogram, if he still found something irregular, they would immediately do a sonogram. I prayed, I cried, and I tried to give her courage.

The day of the testing, I waited by the phone for her call. I kept praying for her along with others who've been on my prayer list. The clock's hands moved slowly.

When the phone rang, I answered quickly. Her first words brought tears of joy. The shadow had been fibrous tissue...nothing to worry about. She thanked me for my prayers and we praised Jesus together.

I find myself thanking God so many times through the day for His many wonderful blessings. My friend is one of those blessings. I know He wants me to thank Him by sharing His love with others, and I try to do that. But, when my eyes close and I'm on my knees, I not only lay my burdens at His throne, but I give thanks as well.

God is good, all the time.

No comments: