Wednesday, June 2, 2010

God's Garden

I'm sitting at my desk, after my morning devotionals, and when I looked out my window I was blessed to see two beautiful yellow finches flitting in the butterfly bush. They are so petite and graceful. How can I not smile?

My home office is on the lower level of our bi-level home and right outside my window is a beautiful flower garden filled with roses, coneflowers, a yellow and orange flower (I'll have to ask my hubby what the name is), hostas, and the lovely butterfly bush. God has blessed me with a lovely view. When my office was upstairs, I didn't get to enjoy the garden. Now it's at eye level. Occasionally, one of the outdoor cats walks by and peers in at me.

Sometimes we look for God's blessings in the wrong places. We look for spectacular miracles, when He gives us glimpses of His love every day. My garden is a blessng from God. His hand created the beauty in my garden. Each morning, I look out and see God's face smiling back at me.

It reminds me of the hymn, "I Come to the Garden Alone," one of my favorites. I remember signing this in church as a child, but now the words come to life when I gaze out my window each morning.

I hope you see God's smile today.

No comments: