Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God Came Knocking

When God knocks on the door of your heart and calls you to act, do not turn your back.

Since my retirement, I've found myself avoiding writing time. I find time to write blogs, post on Facebook, but when it comes to working on my manuscript, I've been finding excuses. Yesterday, I carried my laptop outside and started working on a newly developed story idea. When I stopped, I had nineteen pages completed and it felt wonderful. I've been turning my back on God's calling for me to write. Now, with prayer, I'm finding my joy of writing again.

But, God didn't stop there. He has called me to ministry within the church as well. I'm coordinating the publication of our weekly bulletin, coordinating the typing of a revised Church Staff Handbook, visiting with members who are in nursing facilities, crocheting prayer shawls and lap robes, and I'm a member of the Staff Parish Relations committee.

God has blessed my life so many times in recent months. And, He's opened doors to utilize my talents. I may be retired from one job, but I've been called to others.

Have you been listening to God's knock on your heart?

No comments: