Saturday, June 26, 2010

Things to Smile For

Nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than watching children at play. Perhaps it's the memories of once being young and carefree, with an active imagination. I also enjoy watching one of our outdoor feral cats, Molly, as she jumps and plays in the garden outside my office window. My office is on the lower floor of our bi-level, so the garden is at eye level when I'm sitting. She's a calico cat, so she blends perfectly with the pretty orange and yellow cone flowers. There's a beautiful rose bush and a butterfly bush as well. She sits in the garden and waits for the monarch butterflies. It's so fun to see her jumping and cavorting as the butterflies tease by staying just out of her reach. God's paintbrush created my view, and it's worth smiling about.

No comments: