Monday, January 12, 2009

Back on My Feet

I had a stomach virus hit me on Wednesday night that put me in bed for two days. It hit me fast and hard and debilitated me. Hope you all had a better start to the New Year.

While I was lying in bed, I found very little to do. I flipped the television stations until I got to the Hallmark channel. I did enjoy watching some episodes of 7th Heaven. I'd never watched the show before. If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend it highly. It depicts the average, every day life of a family and the father is a minister.

I've always been in awe of our pastor. He is so diplomatic, so soft-spoken, and his sermons always touch me. He's a very sensitive man who is sometimes moved to tears when he tells of real-life emotional scenarios, which then starts my tear ducts leaking. I guess it's hard for me to relate to him as a husband and father for I seem to have him on this pedestal. But watching 7th Heaven made me see him as a person, with problems and issues to face, just as the rest of us do.

Sometimes God may stop our lives for a brief time, like he did mine. I'm thankful for the time to reflect on the many blessings He's given me.

Thanks for coming by and reading! May God bless you today and every day.

No comments: