Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Have you made any New Year Resolutions? Each year I jot down a few things that I plan to accomplish through the year. Being a writer, I set goals to accomplish a certain number of pages per day or number of manuscripts per year. I usually set goals to focus on getting healthy--eating better and getting daily exercise. Two years ago, I set a goal to read the entire Bible in one year. I purchased a Bible that had daily readings and by reading the alloted passages each day by the end of the year I would have read it all. I accomplished that and I'm so glad I did. But...it shouldn't stop there.

Whenever I open my Bible, I find something that inspires me in one way or another. So, this year, I'm setting a priority to read from my Bible daily. Last night I opened my Bible to this passage: Colossians 3:16-17

"Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father."

It spoke to me of what I need to be doing not only this year but every day of my life. So this year, not only am I going to set aside time to write, time to exercise, time to read the Bible, but also take time to share God's love with others.

So, how about you? Are you setting any resolutions for this new year?

2 comments:

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Yeah definately..But action always speak louder than words.....Anyway, happy new year to you :-)

Carol Ann said...

Back at you!