Wednesday, March 11, 2009

But...How Do We Forgive?

Jesus said we need to forgive our enemies. I believe forgiveness is one of the hardest things to deal with as a Christian. When we are outraged at injustices, outright meanness, and blatant taking of innocent lives...how can we forgive?

In my own life, I have things that I find hard to let go of. When I'm upset, I pull out the old grudges and rattle them around like worry stones. They help me justify why I'm feeling like a doormat. I can wallow in self-pity and cry "poor me." In doing so, I'm not helping my situation at all. I know that. What I need to do is pray that God will help lift these things from my soul. I need to pray and turn these things over to Him. Only then will I be able to forgive and move on.

Life is full of love and happiness, when we let go and let God.

No comments: