Wednesday, March 25, 2009

They Are Only Material Possessions

One of the hardest things about moving my mother here is that I feel it would be so hard to walk away from the possessions she's had in her home for so many years. Each one holds a memory. Furniture that goes back into past generations. But they are only material possessions. The memories remain. My Alpha Group helped me to realize that while my mother has made peace with her decision, I haven't.

I keep imagining how I would feel if I had to say goodbye to my home and my pets. I only hope that if this is in the future for me, that I can approach it with the dignity that my mother is doing. My mother is independent and stubborn...so am I. She will make it. So will I.

I'm now praying for God's will, and for His peace as we move closer to the merging of two households.

No comments: