Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jesus--Picture Him

I have been taking the Beth Moore Bible Study, Jesus the One and Only, and what a blessing. My mind has opened to the phenomenon of Jesus as He might have looked when God sent Him to save us.

Imagine Jesus as a baby! He would have appeared as our own little babies did. Can you imagine Mary cuddling this miracle? She probably counted all his toes and fingers, nuzzled his hair, kissed his cheeks and fingers. A real live child. And he grew as all other children do. He would have gone through a gangly stage before growing into his body. He would have lost teeth, skinned his knees and elbows. And He worked as a carpenter. Hard, skilled labor. His arms would be muscled, his body strong. He would have dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes, facial hair. I'm sure his legs were strong and muscled as well from walking not only around his village, but later as He journeyed far and wide to teach. His feet would have been very dusty, his beard thick and his face dry from the sun.

When I close my eyes I can picture Jesus, the baby, Jesus the man. Can you see Him?

No comments: