Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." When I was a little girl I memorized Psalm 13. At that time, all it meant was earning a bible. I was so excited when I received that black bible with my name engraved on it. The words I'd memorized meant little to me as a child of six. Only in recent years have I looked back at these words and found comfort and peace. These nine words are like a soothing salve to heal small doubts and fears.

The Lord is my shepherd - He leads me where I should go. He is always with me. He has a purpose for my life. He is my salvation.

I shall not want - He will provide what I need. I needn't worry about storing up warehouses full of gold and food, for the Lord knows my needs and He will provide. My faith needs to be fed continuously and He provides those opportunities in abundance. He is my salvation.

No comments: