Friday, October 23, 2009

The Big Announcement

For two years, I've been thinking about quitting my day job. This past year, with the addition of my mother into our home, and my husband's failing health, I felt more strongly than ever that I should retire to spend more time with family.

Crippled by fear of the changing economy, I floundered with making the decision. What was God telling me? Did the fear of the future come from God telling me I was on the wrong path? Or did the fear come from Satan?

Satan's weapons include fear, doubt, shame, deception...all the things that cause us to stumble in our belief. Satan is strong, but God is stronger. As Beth Moore says, we are no match for the devil, but he is no match for God. God is stronger. Only with him can we overcome the devil's interference.

Finally, I stopped and listened to God telling me to get the priorities straight in my life. My priorities are God, family, friends. Not money, not material things. For God will provide what we need. Fear is the devil's way of distracting us from His promise. In Proverbs 1:33 "But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm."

How true those words are. Monday, I informed my superior that I would be retiring the end of this year. Since that announcement, my heart is full of peace and joy. I'm looking forward to the future. A future filled with God's love and mercy.

No comments: