Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Beautiful Lone Flower

In Ohio, we've had very cold weather, nights close to freezing, frosts in the mornings, and rain. Not a typical October. How quickly we were given our first glimpse of the winter months ahead.

Hubby and I were outside preparing the cat shelter with fresh thick comforters in preparation for their comfort over the winter. With hubby's bad health, he hasn't been able to keep up the outside landscaping. The knock out rose bushes in front of the swing have grown so large they look like the brambles in front of Sleeping Beauty's house while she slept. The arbor over the swing houses climatis vines and grape vines, both long dormant. I pulled one grape vine branch out of the chain supporting the swing and poked it back through the lattice of the arbor. I walked to the outside of the arbor to weave it one more time and God amazed me! Amid all the dormant vines and leaves rested one perfect purple climatis bloom. My heart squeezed.

What a beautiful reminder of God's ever present love and promise. God hugged me.

I was reminded that we only need to open our eyes to see God's abundant and glorious gifts.

Psalm 89:1-3 I will sing of the Lord's unfailing love forever! Young and old will hear of your faithfulness. Your unfailing love will last forever. Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens.

No comments: