Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Healing Hands of Jesus

I suffer from foot cramps. They usually occur at night, waking me so that I walk the floor trying to relieve them. But, occasionally they occur during the day. Once I was shopping when a cramp seized my foot and calf. I tried to walk but the pain continued. Suddenly the other leg cramped as well. I left everything in the cart and slowly, painfully made my way to the car. Ten minutes of pain and tears and then the pain blessedly left.

That was several year ago, when I believed in God, but I hadn't truly put him first in my life.

Two weeks ago, as I drove to work, my right foot began to cramp. The pain intensified, but I couldn't stop the car. The road I travel has no place for a vehicle to pull off the road. I began to pray and asked Jesus to let me please get to work without harming anyone. I prayed that He would help to ease the pain. Nearly blinded with the pain, I continued to pray, over and over. As I approached a dangerous blind curve in the road, I knew Jesus was with me. I saw the road. I knew I was driving, but I also saw a beautiful outline of his white robe and felt his hands surround my foot. The cramps eased and quit.

Even today, miracles occur. He is with us. Please don't forget to say thank you when He blesses you. I did.

No comments: