Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Love is Patient, Love is Kind...

Recently I attended my grandson's wedding. I always cry at weddings, but I didn't cry this time. The setting was beautiful, outdoors beside a beautiful pond in a local stat park. I focused on the faces of my grandson and his bride as they spoke their vows. Shining faces filled with love and the excitement of a future together--forever.

God smiled down that day, blessing this couple, and blessing those who observed.

I felt so blessed to spend time with my grandson and his new bride at the reception, but even more so, when they came to the house on two separate occasions before they left for Arizona again. My grandson has grown into a strong, compassionate young man. I watched him grow up. Home videos capture the baby, the toddler, the school years, and now a man in a uniform who serves his country and has taken a bride.

I've never felt so blessed.

May God smile on your today.

No comments: