Monday, June 1, 2009

And Then There Were Three...

Finally, the wait is over. My mother is now here in Ohio and living with my hubby and me. Memorial Day, the day after we arrived in Illinois, eleven inches of rain fell! I've never seen such a deluge. The rain didn't help to ease my mother's distress. After including her in the decisions of what to pack and what to throw away, she seemed a little better with the process. There were a few tense moments when she "snipped" at us, and a few tears along the way, but overall a fairly smooth transition. I feared she would be tearful as we left, but she surprised me.

Now that she's here, she seems so much happier and peaceful. She doesn't have to worry about the house falling down around her, and though she says she enjoyed being alone, I know she's much happier having people to talk with. She's adjusted very well, probably much better than I have.

With her poor eyesight, things are a bit rocky. I need to follow behind her and clean up without letting her know. In many ways, it's like having a child in the house again. However, cleaning after her is a labor of love. God has blessed me, and I know He is with me and I find comfort in his supporting arms.

May God bless you richly today.

No comments: