Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why God? Why?

I had a lunch conversation with a very dear friend not too long ago. We were discussing all the tragic things that happened over the past year in her oldest daughter's life. Truly, one thing after another had happened--a heart attack, followed by complications, a job loss, and a legal battle. My friend thanked me for all my prayers on their behalf. She stated her daughter couldn't understand why God had made all these things happen to her.

In these words, I saw myself a few years ago. When bad things happen, people are quick to blame God or to ask Him why. However, as I told my friend, God doesn't make bad things happen. He is with us always, helping us as we stumble along life's path. If we turn to Him and ask for His help, He will lift us up. How we deal with the potholes in the road says a lot about our faith.

When bad things happen we are quick to blame, but when good things happen, how often do we thank God?

True peace comes from having faith, believing in God's grace and mercy, asking for the things we need, and thanking Him for the blessings bestowed. God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way or even the timing we would like, but He is with us and He does listen. Trusting in God is the only way to reach true peace and tranquility.

May God be with you.

No comments: