Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Attraction of Lesser Things

Day Two of Forty Days of Love--Today the focus is on seeing what is most important in our lives. We learned that love is the supreme value in life and that God created us for relationships. But we are easily distracted. As an example, when I'm busy writing a scene in my latest manuscript, it really irrates me when my husband pops in to read me something from the newspaper or share something that he just saw on television. When I allow my writing to be more important than my relationship with my husband, I've gone against what Jesus would have me do. Jesus was the supreme example of patience and understanding. He always had time for people. His relationship with us is of prime importance.

If we follow the greatest commandment to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength, then we become like Jesus. We personify love. And when we love God, we then extend that love to all we come in contact with.

Focus on relationships as the highest priority in your life. First, your relationship with God and then your relationship with others. God said we should love our neighbors as ourselves.

What is the first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning? What is the last thing you think of before you go to sleep?

On what do you spend most of your time? Your money?

The answers to these questions should help you see what you place the highest priority on in your life. Is it time to make a change?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.