Friday, April 17, 2009

Walking with God

Walking is cathartic! There is nothing more inspiring than walking on a beautiful, sunny day, beneath a perfect cloudless blue sky. I live for these days. After a long, dreary winter, sunny days make me smile inside.

Walking brings me closer to God and makes me believe that I can achieve my dreams if I work for them. There are times when I brainstorm plots and characterizations while I walk, and sometimes I walk to relieve stress.

When I'm troubled, I walk and talk to God. Nothing makes me more aware of His presence than seeing in nature all the things His hand has created.

One of my favorite hymns is "In The Garden"..."He walks with me and He talks with me, And He tells me I am His own." I love to sing this song in my mind as I walk. It brings a smile to my face and my heart that I just can't hide.

Have you taken a walk lately?

No comments: