Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not Just a Material Thing...

I spoke with Mom again last night. Though she tried to hide the tears, I could hear them in her voice as she told me she had definitely made the decision to take her beloved sixteen year old cat, Maggie, to the animal shelter rather than bring her to our home. My mother and Maggie are inseparable, especially since Dad passed. It hurts me when I empathize by trying to imagine how I'd feel if I was all alone and had no choice but to move in with a member of my family hundreds of miles away and hand off my best friend to an animal shelter.

I keep telling myself this is her decision and I must trust in God that He will take care of this. I pray with all my heart that some kind soul will offer a loving home to Maggie where she can live out the rest of her life in comfort.

No comments: